Laboratory Facilities for the M.Sc. (Biotechnology) Students
• Electrophoresis Units
• Double Beam Spectrophotometer
• Cooling Centrifuges
• Double Distillation Plants
• pH Meters
• Incubators Shaker
• Magnetic Stirrer
• Laminar Airflow
Research Laboratories / Facilities
• High Speed Centrifuge
• Electrophorosis Units
• PCR machines with Uninterrupted power supply
• -200 C Freezers
• Distillation unit
• Magnetic stirrer etc.,
• Transgenic Glass House Facility – for growing transgenic plants that will be developed in the Department by various research activities.
• Net House Facility – for growing and maintaining common crop plants like cereals, millets and pulses.
• Common Central Instrumentation Facility with Ultra pure water purification sytem, Incubators, Shakers, PCR machines, Gas Chromatography.
• Common Agri Science Lab Facility with Tissue culture facility, Ultra pure water purification, Incubators, Shakers, PCR machines, Real Time PCR machine.
• Common Botanical Garden Facility – for collection and maintenance of useful germplasm for various crops and other plant species that have invaluable utility in the area of Plant Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programs.
Learning Resources: Departmental Library
Excellent Foreign Editions in the field of Genetic Engineering, Molecular and Cell Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Molecular Genetics, Immunology, Computational Biology and Recombinant DNA Technology etc., are available to the Departmental students (Maintained in the Departmental Library and also in University Central Library).